Last week in the MTC-Blessings

My MTC District

This week was packed with a ton of awesome experiences! Also, this is my last Pday in the MTC, 6 more days! This time here has been amazing, and I have loved it. The only regret that I have is that I didn´t pack any protein powder, haha, this is the perfect place to bulk up! I have learned so much already, in just these short 5 weeks. I´m super excited to see what this last week here in Santiago has in store for me.

Like I said, this week has been packed! Last Pday, one of my close friends in my district sprained his ankle REALLY bad playing basketball. It instantly swelled up and he couldn´t put any weight on it at all. So we carried him to the dorms, and placed him on his bed. The MTC Pres. told me to go shower and clean up so we could give him what he really needed, a blessing. He asked me to bless him and it was the most spiritual experience that I have ever had in my life, hands down. The minute I put my hands on his head, and started speaking, I had the most overwhelming feeling of peace, and tingling feeling. From my toes, all the way up to my head, and to my finger tips. It was insane. I cannot even describe it. After the blessing was all said and done, I felt that same overwhelming feeling for hours after. It was pure happiness. It reminded me of section in Preach My Gospel, Lesson 3, Pg. 65, under the subtitle ¨The gift of the Holy Ghost´´. It says this... ´´... the Holy Ghost is one of our most precious gifts. Through the power of the Holy Ghost we can feel God´s love... This gift is a foretaste of eternal joy... ´´ I know Heavenly Father let me feel something relating to that eternal joy, possibly something like the feeling we will have 24|7 when we receive eternal life, eternal happiness. It was the greatest feeling that I have even felt, I really can´t describe it. Amazing. 

We watched that same video again that we watched last week about the atonement and missionary work. The title of this video is ´´The Atonement, How it Applies to Missionary Work´´. I want all of you to look it up on Youtube or something and watch it. It is amazing. 

Another amazing thing that I got to watch was another talk by Elder Holland, ´´Safety for the Soul´´. This is one POWERFUL man, sharing one POWERFUL message. Please listen|watch this talk, just reading it won´t do it justice. You need to see and hear the delivery by Elder Holland, then go and read it. 

Lastly, I was asked to sing in this MTC choir for this huge event we have tomorrow morning (no one knows why they let me sing) haha. Elder D. Todd Christofferson is coming down to Chile. I don´t know why, but he is going to tell us what the lord wants us to hear. I´m way excited for it! 
This week was amazing, I´m living it up, although, I´m way more excited to get out into the field. I´m ready to go out and learn a new language, Chilean! 

¡Iré y haré lo que el Señor ha mandado!

Con Amor, 
Elder Simons 

Ps, I dont know if I´ll be able to email a lot next week due to the fact we are driving down to Rancagua and I heard that the Pday for that area is on Monday



A young man from Chile who got his mission call and wanted a picture with us




Comments