One Month in MTC

     Four solid weeks down here in South America. Still loving every minute! I'm learning so much, and working really hard! It's funny how that works huh, if you work hard you'll get rewarded. Rewards don't come easy though, that's why they call it "Hard" Work. Just because it is hard work, doesn't mean it can't be fun. Have a great attitude with everything!! We watched this AMAZING video earlier this week, one of the greatest clips I have ever seen. It was narrated by Elder Holland and Pres. Eyring, and they compared missionary work to the atonement and Christ's earthly life. They explained why missionary work is hard, and why we shouldn't crumble under the pressure and stresses of the mission. They were talking about the mission is not easy because it was not easy for Christ, why would it be easy for us if it was not easy for Him? He was turned down, spit upon, and even killed for what he was doing, and let's not forget what he endured in the Garden of Gethsemane for all of us. Missionary work is not easy, because Salvation is not a cheap experience. When we start to feel the pressure, stresses, and overwhelming feelings of the missionary life. We must remember the we are companions with the GREATEST missionary to ever walk this earth, Jesus Christ. He will go before us, and be on our right, and our left, in our hearts, and his/our angels around us to bear us up at all times. So the moral of it all is that we must remember He is always with us, because he has walked the same road we are on. He will gladly walk the same road again with us, step by step. 

     I went contacting with Elder King and we placed a Book of Mormon to this lady, and I just bore my testimony about the gospel, Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon. It was simple and the best I could do, but the only language that really matters is the Language of the Spirit. So that was sweet!!

     I also went proselyting with this dude in the Santiago East mission, and he's been out for 8 months. It was so much fun, and an amazing learning experience before really getting into the field. Our area was "J.P Alessandri". I met a lot of crazy, and nice people, and I only could understand about 50-60% of what they were saying. It was way fun, we ran into this dude and he was screaming at us and trying this crazy witch craft stuff on us, it's a long story, and I don't have time to tell it all but that's about it. It was the most interesting experience of my life. 

     That's it for week 4, I love you all. Thank you so much for the love, support, and prayers. It means so much!! Have a great week everyone! 


Con Amor, 
Elder Simons
the golden arches

my district walking around the city

me and my companion

two of the sweetest elders I've ever met

my district (two sisters missing)

Comments