Second week in Buin

Ko´manouye

Sorry, about that last little email, they kicked us out of the place for a little.

This week was way awesome!! We had exchanges and I went out into the sticks, farms on farms on farms. We only had one lesson, and then we just contacted for 6ish hours. Super hard, because each house was like 5 kilometers away from each other. (Not really but it felt like it) But, it was still super fun! I got to go with our district leader, he is from Mexico, and knows even less english as my normal companion. Haha. 

Most of our investigators are progressing so well, I love it! It is so amazing to see such a literal change in their lives for the better. The Gospel really does bless families. It brings true happiness into people's lives. We found this one Haitian guy my second day into the field, he was nice but really hard to talk to. We have been meeting with him every other day since then, and he is literally a completely different man. He is going to be baptized on the 31st of this month. He is now smiling and laughing with us, he has this new spirit about him. It is awesome. His wife doesn´t know a whole lot of spanish and only has sat in on a few lessons, but she has thanked me and my companion a few different times for what we are doing because... ´´My husband is new man, I love this version of him, I don´t know what you told him, but thank you so much.´´ Last lesson she attended, and at the end she walked my companion and I out and told us that...super tender and genuine. She is next!!! 

I had my first baptism on Saturday! Super cool. Something I forgot about Chile is, everyone is super late to literally everything. The baptism was scheduled at 6, it was only my comp, the other missionaries, the Branch President, and me, until about 6:15. Then finally the little guy showed up with his mom, and the other ward members. Super crazy weird. Haha. It was still super amazing. The best part of it all was his mother´s reaction. When I lifted him up out of the water, I looked right at her and she had the biggest smile on her face, and was super emotional (And she doesn't ever show emotion, she is like Bronco Mendenhall). And when we made our way out of the font she ran around and gave him the biggest hug I have ever seen. Super amazing to be apart of such a special moment for him and his family. 

This is such an amazing time in my life, I love it. It is pretty hard sometimes, but it isn't supposed to be easy. When it gets hard I always think of the second verse of one of my favorite Hymns, Come Come Ye Saints.. ´´Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard? Tis not so, all  is right. Why should we think to earn a great reward, if we now shun the fight? Gird up your loins, fresh courage take; Our God will never us forsake. And soon we´ll have this tale to tell- All is well, all is well.´´
I know I have been given such a great life, and many many many people have it way harder than me. So I need to always press on! This work is ALWAYS worth it.

Love you all, stay safe and healthy!! 

¡Oh, está todo bien!

Con Amor,
Elder Simons


Pictures soon to come...


my first baptism

some members we have been working with and still teaching

me and my comp after another AWESOME day!

Comments