Skip to main content

Arrival in Chile

Hey I made it safe!!
The plane ride was uncomfortable and brutal, but we are just fine! 
This place is crazy, so much spanish but I kind of understand what is going on. It still has not hit me that I am a missionary. I love it. 
Thank you for helping me get out here, I am so excited to serve and learn. 
(this message was received a few hours after he arrived at the MTC)

   First week is down! I'm doing very well. Every single time I walk outside I am just amazed by the beauty of this place! The MTC is so sweet, it's soooo spiritual and I love it. Although, I don't know what half of the things anyone says to me, it is a blast. But, I'm only one week in, so it is fine, I understand enough to get by and I'm learning. 

     My companion is awesome, he it literally the EXACT opposite of me. I asked him what his favorite sport was and he replied, "Quiditch". So there's that, he's a way good guy and we get along super well. The flight here was long and brutal, but we made it safe and sound, all bags were on time. I traveled with 14 people coming from Utah, Oregon, Florida, and Canada. Now, they are all in my district. It feels like we have all been such close friends forever, way longer than just 7 simple days. It's pretty weird but amazing at the same time. We also just got a new MTC mission pres yesterday and he is awesome. 

      The second day here was the hardest and most stressful day here. The teachers gave us these papers with "210 most commonly used words", "80 most commonly used phrases", and "Vocab from lessons 1-3 Preach My Gospel" (in spanish) and they expect us to learn all of that in the next 5 days... The teachers push us really hard and expect a TON out of us, they always say, "With enough faith, anything is possible". Which is so true, because I have learned more spanish in these seven days than I have in my whole life combined, and then some. The teachers are going to test our knowledge in 5 days, and if my whole district passes the test, we all get as much Papa Johns pizza as we want. I NEED that pizza. So I'll let you all know how that goes next week. This was such a great week, honestly. I love it. It's super frustrating because I can't communicate how I want to, but I know it'll get better. 

I love being a missionary and so excited to see the blessings that will come into all the aspects of my life. Especially from my hard work and service. I love you all, be safe.

Con Amor, 
Elder Simons

 Wednesday January 17, 2018



my companion (he wanted to wear my tie because we wear floral ties on p-day)








the gorgeous view from my room













me playing around earlier today


Comments