Another amazing week in Buin- week 14

Hello everyone, thanks for tuning in. This week was awesome. We have had some pretty crazy things happen. The work is awesome and we are working really hard. The language is realllyyyyy starting to make itself shown in the lessons and during contacts. The spirit is really strong here, and really does let us know what to say, always. 

Anyway.. We had this way good contact with this lady, she was super nice. Long story short, we got her information and set up an appointment for the next day. We meet with her and she is cool, we are just talking and she starts crying because she has some problems with her kids and this and that. Then we keep talking and we find out her needs and schedule another appointment because we needed to go. (THIS IS WHERE IS GETS INTERESTING) So this lady calls us 3 hours later at 3pm and she is sobbing, saying her boyfriend broke up with her and she has nowhere to go, and some other stuff I didn't really understand because she was just mumbling/crying and trying to speak at the same time. So we go to the park and meet her and try to comfort her. Then her son finally comes and we leave. And I think everything is over and she will get over it.. but I was wrong. She calls us at 11pm and she is screaming/crying saying she stabbed her EX-boyfriend in her house.... At this point I am just so puzzled. 1.) Why she stabbed him? And, 2.) Why is she calling us and telling us all this stuff? It is crazy out here in Buin, Chile. When we are done talking with the people we always say, ¨If you need any service or help with anything, call us!!¨ She really took that invitation literally... Hahaha. 

Also, this 84 year old died this morning, peacefully in her sleep. We visited this lady 3 times every week since I have been here in Buin. She was a super sweet old lady, a member of the church for ages. Heaven got a really good soul today. But on Sunday (yesterday) her daughter called us at 7am telling us that she was not looking too good (she has been really sick for months with cancer) and we need to come over as soon as possible. So we get ready really fast and hustle over to the house. Her entire family was there, some members of the church and others not. The son (a member of the church) of this lady asked what we should do, give her a blessing or.. what. My comp and I had the strongest impression to tell him no, because it was her time to go. We had given her a blessing the day before. We said we would love to offer a prayer with everyone in the room, because the people that needed to be comforted and blessed were the members of the family. The son totally agreed and then we proceeded to the room where she was. She had been so weak for so long that she wasn't even able to speak. He asked me to offer the prayer and I was shocked because my spanish is shaky and this was a pretty heated and serious situation. My comp looked at me and gave me a nod indicating ¨you can do it¨. So I said okay, and closed my eyes and starting to speak. I honestly have no idea what I said, because I was not the one speaking, the Spirit of the Lord was speaking through me. It was probably one the most spiritual experiences I have ever had. A lot of tears were shed that morning in that room, but they were all good tears. 

Heavenly Father has a plan for us all, and I am so happy to be here in Chile letting people know about it. I love you all, be safe.

Con MUCHO amor, 
Elder Simons

Getting ready to head out for another awesome day in Buin

An amazing night sky

This dog was passed out on the side of the road.......I wonder why?
hahahaha

Comments